Tom Ruthz is a Brazilian artist originally from Rio de Janeiro. Ruthz began his career as a painter focusing primarily in fine arts. He is also well-known for portrait work, and his paintings of horses have been well-received in the art community. Most recently, he has created several phenomenal contemporary pieces.
Although he has never received formal training, Ruthz has been painting professionally since 1995. Throughout his career, he has received many awards at various competitions in Brazil, Italy, and other countries.
Ruthz relocated to the Brazilian capital city of Sao Paolo in 1994 where he initiated his career as a plastic artist. He taught painting and drawing for many years at various art galleries in Sao Paolo, including in his own studio. He also taught courses and workshops in the cities of Salvador (Bahia Brazil), Rio de Janeiro, Amsterdam, Miami, and Sarasota. While living in Amsterdam, Ruthz showcased his work in the Netherlands, Germany, England, France, and other European countries.
Before relocating to Sarasota, Florida, in 2014, Ruthz had been living in Miami. In Sarasota, he has been teaching painting and drawing at Art and Frame and Hobby Lobby. He has exhibited his work at many art exhibitions and restaurants, such as Servandos (Fridays and Saturdays) and Cafe BarBosso (Tue, Wed, Thu and sometimes on Sundays) where he does live painting every evening.
Tom Ruthz é um artista brasileiro originalmente do Rio de Janeiro. Ruthz começou sua carreira como pintor incidindo principalmente na pintura academica. Ele também é conhecido pelos seus trabalhos de retratos, suas pinturas de cavalos foram bem recebidos na comunidade artística. Ultimamente vem se dedicando a pintura contemporanea. Embora ele nunca tenha recebido treinamento formal, Ruthz pinta profissionalmente desde 1995. Durante sua carreira, ele recebeu muitos prêmios em várias competições no Brasil e no exterior.
Tom Ruthz mudou para a capital de São Paulo, onde iniciou sua carreira como artista plástico . Ele ensinou pintura e desenho por muitos anos em várias galerias de arte em São Paulo , incluindo Galeria Fin’arte, Espaco de Artes Adejan , Galeria de Arte , Casa Elias e em seu próprio estúdio. Ruthz também ministrou cursos e workshops nas cidades de Salvador e Rio de Janeiro. Quando morava na Europa, Ruthz também ensinou e mostrou seu trabalho na Holanda, Alemanha, Inglaterra, França e outros países europeus.
- Major exhibitions and dates. 1995 – Collective Exhibition.
- Fin’arte Gallery – Sao Paulo, Brazil. 1995 – Collective Exhibition.
- Hilton Hotel – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 1996 – Exhibition of Masters Gallery Fin’arte – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 1996 – Collective Exhibition.
- Art’s Gallery, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 1996 – Meeting of Arts Plasticas.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 1997 – Art Exhibition coletica in Fortaleza.
- Ceara, Brazil.
- 1998 – Individual Exhibition.
- Watermelon Restaurant – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 1998 – Exhibition of Masters Gallery Fin’arte – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 1999 – Collective Exhibition. Taranto, Italy.
- 2000 – Individual Exhibition.
- ACM (WMCY) – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2000 – Exhibition coletetiva.
- Hipica Santo Amaro – Sao Paulo, Brazil. >>>
- 2000 – Individual Exhibition. Angel’s Cultural – Marica, Rio de Janeiro.
- 2001 – Curator of the Exhibition “Saga of Hues” Fin’arte Gallery – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2002 – Curator of the Exhibition “Saga of Hues II” SESC Santana – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2004 – Began the University of Business Administration at the University Zumbi dos Palmares, Sao Paulo, graduating in 2008.
- 2006 – Elected Trustee of the Nucleo de Arte Arts and Culture at the University Zumbi dos Palmares, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2008 – Moved to Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 2009 – Collective Exhibition. Gallery Cosa Nostra – Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- 2009 – Exhibition Fran’s Café Restaurant – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2009 – Collective Exhibition. Padrazzoli Gallery – Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2010 – Exhibition and launch of the series “Sport in Action” in ACSP Pinheiros district. Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2011 – ArtBasel, Miami. FineArt Gallery.